Friends of the OAC Libraries Society
The Friends of the OAC Libraries Society is an independent, benevolent, not-for-profit, membership-based organization that operates under the direction of an elected Board. The Friends of the OAC Libraries Society was formed in 2015 to be a voice in the community promoting the importance of literacy through our Libraries. Friends of the OAC Libraries raises additional funds for the library through partnerships, raffles and special events.
To promote literacy and the role of the Library within our community.
Our Purpose is:
- To support the OAC Libraries by organizing, facilitating and assisting with fundraising activities and encouraging community interest in Library development projects.
- To advocate support for the OAC Libraries from the community, government and other funding agencies.
- To increase awareness of the OAC Library's programs and services by conducting effective public relations activities.
- To promote the importance of literacy in our community by offering special events and programs.
- An accessible library system
- Literacy in all its forms - oral, written, visual, computer
- Community partnership
- Knowledge and learning
- Cultural Diversity
Become a Member of the Friend of the OAC Libraries Society
The Friends of the OAC Libraries is here to serve the needs of the community for Library services and events. We wish to represent both adults and children by sponsoring events and projects that provide the community with accessible and affordable programs and materials that educate, entertain and inspire. As a member of the Friends you will add your voice in support of the library and represent your interest in how we raise and spend money for the Library.
Please join us and become a member of the Friends of the OAC Libraries by filling out a membership form available in OAC Libraries.
- Annual newsletter keeping you informed of upcoming events and Library news
- Advance notice of OAC events
- Voting privileges at OAC Annual General Meeting
- Participation in volunteer committees
Corporate and Not-for-Profit Organizations:
We welcome financial and/or in-kind support from businesses and not-for-profit organizations in our community.
- For a donation of $100 or more, the Friends will acknowledge your organization's name on a bookplate in the Library collection.
- For a donation of $250 or more the Friends will acknowledge your organization on printed material.
For more information, please contact an OAC Library.